Escape game is not for the faint of heart, it is for those who want to be light hearted. This game is amusing, intense, it is a clever mix of both strategy and teamwork, and can be exactly as fun as you make it. Whether you go for fun with your friends or make it into a teamwork exercise for the employees, an escape game is really for anyone who likes to have a good time.
If you want to know exactly how to play an escape game, and the bottom line tips and tricks, here are some facts you should go through before signing up for a game. This article isn’t meant to spoil the fun of what actually goes on inside the escape room, but rather give insight into what you can do, in order to optimize your experience.
What should I know before playing escape game?
- Familiarize yourself with the concept – An escape room is a game played with a group. The foundation is you and a group of friends, co-workers, strangers, or family are locked in a room and given a specific puzzle to figure out before you are “allowed” to leave. Each game has a 60-minute timer you are given to figure out the puzzles. You are also given clues to guide you to figuring out the answers that will get you out before your timer hits zero.
- The game can be a challenge – There are no easy corners to cut in the escape room, but we promise it is a fun and challenging experience. The great news is you are in a group where multiple people have multiple skills, and you are able to use each person’s strengths to leverage a WIN.
- Make sure you have a great group – Escape room is all about your group. Do you have a fun group or a group that is boring? You will want to be in a game where you like, or tolerate, the people involved. A great group will make the experience that much better.
- The solution is one-part street smarts, one-part book smarts – This goes back to your group and who you are playing with. Not everyone needs to be a super genius, yet you do have to have someone who is slightly book smart (i.e. a critical thinker) and someone who is street smart.
- You can go with a theme – Make your evening fun and enroll your group into going to the escape room with a theme. You can be escaped convicts, Disney princesses, Great Gatsby flappers, or mad scientists, it is truly up to you. A great way to figure out how to dress it up is to match the theme of the escape room you choose to play!
- It’s not a trick! There is a solution! No, this isn’t some sick joke… you will want to find a solution, because there is one. And, it’s probably right under your nose. Sometimes when you think outside the box a little, the solution was there all along.
- You will have 60-minutes, but you might solve it in less time – The game does give you 60 minutes to solve the puzzle, but many groups solve it in less time. If you feel like you are the only group that has taken all the time to solve the puzzle, you’re sorely mistaken! If you think your group is the only one in the history of time NOT to solve the puzzle, you’d also be wrong.
- You should be having fun! This isn’t some crazy, insane game where you will win a million dollars at the end, so have fun and enjoy your company! Not every group solves the puzzle, but it is of course encouraged to have lots of fun along the way. This is how the game was designed!
Whether you are looking to book an escape room date for team building or a social event, you will enjoy the fun-filled, mind-bending, action-packed evening with people you know and love, while flexing those brain muscles. For more information, call us or read other articles to learn everything you need to know about an Escape the Room adventure.